Friday, July 17, 2009

There's a vigil at the dishwasher...

Today is the day of the week when I wash all of Claris' dog toys in our dishwasher, and as usual, she is not happy about it. I walk around the house and the yard and gather up the Kongs, Cosmic Cones and all the other rugged & rubberized toys and give them a run through the dishwasher to clean out all the peanut butter and cereal residue that collects from use during the week.

I suspect Claris likes the toys more when they are dirty and stinky, but I don't and my vote has the power of a super-delegate, so into the steamy-hot wash they go! She will sit there, sulking, until the dishwasher beeps to indicate that the toys are done. I usually pull out the colander, run cold water over them (the Bosch Dishwasher makes things so hot I can barely hold them, and she wants to see her toys back IMMEDIATELY when they are done, so I have to cool them down), and put them on the floor for her to inspect. Once she is satisfied, she will then go back to napping on the couch or tormenting the cat, per her usual schedule...

No comments: