Sunday, June 15, 2008

Flowers of June

















I am very excited about my sister and her family coming to visit Floyd this weekend; I am going to head down early this week and get things ready. If only Claris knew she was getting her Mia back; she had such a wonderful time playing with her the last time they visited, and poor Claris moped around the house for days after Mia left!

The house is getting closer to being done, and Oscar bought a chainsaw at Lowes this weekend to begin cutting wood for the winter and clear some of the trees that were taken down by the power company last year. We bought more paint (I am sure we have bought enough to cover the entire Taj Mahal at this point), but of all the home improvements paint seems to be both the least expensive and the gives the most impact so I am not complaining (yet).

Some of the neighbors trekked up the hill last week and as a favor cleared some tree branches that were hanging over the house; I am hoping they will come up again this weekend and meet my family and have a glass of wine or two with us. Floyd is like that... I really can get used to it!

Early June brought lots of flowers:






While these have already come and gone, there are plenty more things to see (just maybe not so pink):


I am sure we won't be disappointed. The troop of chipmunks that have moved in under the back deck will provide some entertainment (and if Disney has not lied to me all these years, a few well-placed peanuts in the shell will bring out their precocious natures). I hope to get some photos of them this trip-they were too shy last time for me to catch a good shot of them playing by the frog pool!

Tomorrow I go in to the office for a team breakfast, and our 10-hour/4-day workweek begins for the summer. My body will be at work, but my mind will be daydreaming of the tulip poplars on the hill...

No comments: