Friday, January 29, 2010

Daydreaming flowers before the storm



There is a snowstorm coming, and I am thinking of building a flame-thrower. THAT would clear the driveway in no time, but I am sure Oscar would object vociferously. I have a habit of losing eyebrows when I play with flammables, so he does have a valid point. But still, it would be a whole lot easier than shoveling again, and I believe we have already hit the Virginia Snow-quota for this year, so I feel entitled to whine a little bit.











To keep my mind off of the snow, I have changed my desktop background to display a set of floral pictures. I figure if I look at them I will not feel that spring is so far away; not sure if that is foolish hope or wishful thinking, but it works for me either way.



I always want to get very close looks at flowers- they are one of the few things that get even more beautiful and interesting the more you scrutinize them!










So if the groundhog sees his shadow, please don't tell me. I want to live in denial for a little while.

No comments: