Monday, November 12, 2007

My first Blog... better late than never...

This is it, my very first Blog. I know I should have done this ages ago, but every excuse under the sun has kept me from putting fingers to keys. This is embarrassing when you consider yourself to be a nerd; someone who should have a large net-presence, but who is so busy fixing other people's computers and issues that her own are put on the proverbial back-burner... I suspect if you are reading this you know exactly what I mean!

Where do you start when you can write about anything you wish? I think I will start with my dogs, who are pretty much the topic of any conversation I begin...

I currently am owned by three labs; one black and two yellow. All three are terribly spoiled and have odd behaviors which I know are somehow my fault...

The black one is an ancient male, who is about 15 years old and truly showing his age. I call him "Timex" as he keeps having new problems, but just keeps hobbling along. He is also bad-tempered and is known to bite unprovoked (I am sure he has his reasons, but they are a mystery to me and his intended victims). Luckily, since he has gotten a bit blind and slow his aim and speed are greatly diminished and he rarely makes contact anymore. It still gives people pause, though, which I am sure pleases him. He still manages to patrol his acre of fenced-in yard, which he does several times a day, but it is at a much slower pace that includes a few tumbles and a short nap on the way around. His mortal enemies are bees, spiders, all manner of delivery people, and pretty much anything or anyone whom he decides might be a threat to his domicile or dominance. He loves us and nachos; all else is just dross to him. The vet keeps telling us that we should be prepared for him to pass away, but he holds on with a heart murmur, near-deaf-and-blindness, hip dysplasia and degenerative myelopathy (that is causing him to lose control of his feet). He seems happy enough, even when he topples over, so we just "keep on keeping on" until he gives us any sign that he has had enough and his time has come... Here is a picture of him, checking out an enemy combatant, AKA a spider...


I will write about the other two beasties in the next entry, as it is time to make some dinner, check my email, and take a look at the loan documents for the house we are about to purchase in Floyd County, Virginia (which deserves its own entries to be made soon...). Later...

No comments: