Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Floyd County, Va.

We bought a house in Floyd County Virginia at auction a few weeks ago and are finishing up all the paperwork to finance the place and get the keys! Closing is Friday, and I am so excited! It is 18 acres of mountain heaven, with a log house, barn, workshop, stream, and lots of gorgeous trees! The driveway is almost 1/4 mile. I have always wanted a long, winding, scenic driveway, and now it appears that I will have it.

I am so pleased about the 18 acres. I want to be able to roam without running into houses, fences, or other human-made impediments. I cannot wait to get up there and hike around!

The house is very interesting, with big logs, hardwood floors, and lots of character. It needs some paint, some trim, and a little hard work, and it will be a wonderful retreat!

Floyd is a wonderful county full of farmers, artists and musicians. There are jamborees every Friday at the Country Store, lots of galleries and events (including FloydFest, a yearly music festival that brings thousands of visitors to the area) to keep me busy. The region is beautiful, with the Blue Ridge Mountains running right through it. So there is plenty to do and see!

No comments: